MovieSpoon receives movie news, videos and other content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of MovieSpoon to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permitBandRumors to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided BandRumors is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
– Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner. Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing.
The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/ which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, MovieSpoon has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on the BandRumors site, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email to, [email protected]
We will immediately remove any infringed content. Thank you.
“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” Conjures Magical Monotony
I had written that with the first Fantastic Beasts film I hoped I wouldn’t need giggle juice to be entertained...
“The Grinch” Steals Box Office, “Overlord” and “Spider” Left With Scraps
The holiday Christmas movie season starts early as it usually does in November. Just one week after The Nutcracker and...
Review: “Overlord” is a Gritty, Gory Genre Mash
Overlord is one of those delicious genre blenders that delivers World War II action and viciously gruesome body horror into...
Big “Bohemian Rhapsody” Opening While “Nutcracker” Trails
In weekend box office battle, it’s Queen who is king. Bohemian Rhapsody, the Freddy Mercury and Queen biopic, came in...
Review: “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is Bitterly Bland With Beauty
Disney is in a very unique position as a dominant studio to experiment with more inspiring films for more diverse...
“Halloween” Tops Last Weekend of October, “Hunter Killer” Sinks
It’s not exactly a huge surprise that a film called Halloween would be the top earner on the last weekend...
“Halloween” Slashes Box Office For Fearsome Debut
Venom isn’t the only film this October making record-breaking debuts. And while it’s no surprise that Halloween, a faithful throwback...
Review: “Bohemian Rhapsody” Sings With Simplistic Sensationalism
Rami Malek has a certain power to rock the microphone and mustache like Freddie Mercury in this Queen biopic. He...
Review: “First Moon” is an Emotional and Exciting Race to Space
Damien Chazelle’s take on Neil Armstrong’s tough road to making it to the moon may not be the most accurate...
Review: David Gordon Green’s “Halloween” Revives The Fear and Terror
After numerous sequels, remakes, reboots, and even a failed divergence of trying to weave the saga into an anthology, it...