MovieSpoon receives movie news, videos and other content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of MovieSpoon to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permitBandRumors to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided BandRumors is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
– Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner. Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing.
The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/ which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, MovieSpoon has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on the BandRumors site, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email to, [email protected]
We will immediately remove any infringed content. Thank you.
Review: “First Moon” is an Emotional and Exciting Race to Space
Damien Chazelle’s take on Neil Armstrong’s tough road to making it to the moon may not be the most accurate...
Review: David Gordon Green’s “Halloween” Revives The Fear and Terror
After numerous sequels, remakes, reboots, and even a failed divergence of trying to weave the saga into an anthology, it...
“First Man” Fumbles In Crowded Weekend, “Venom” Drops and Tops
October is proving to be a crowded month for genre pictures and Oscar-worthy films. As such, it’s astounding that a...
Review: “Venom” Goes Gross, Tone-Deaf, Wacky
The tagline for Venom is that the world has enough superheroes but after such films as Deadpool and Suicide Squad,...
“Venom” Makes Big Debut, “A Star is Born” Close Behind
Superhero movies have once again set a new record for delivering the highest of box office grosses for an October...
“Night School” Nets Number One, “Smallfoot” Makes Tiny Mark
For the last weekend of September, it’s a pretty mild time of lukewarm films with lukewarm box office as we...
Review: “A Star is Born” Shines Bright with Cooper and Gaga
We know Lady Gaga can sing, but can she act? We know Bradley Cooper can act, but can he sing...
“The House with a Clock in its Walls” Scares Up Small Box Office
As we venture into the fall, scary movies are going to start cropping up and this weekend saw the first...
Review: “The House With a Clock In Its Walls” Ticks With Messy Magic
Eli Roth’s The House With a Clock In Its Walls has a lot going on to be the type of...
The Predator Makes Mild Blast For Weekend Debut
While last weekend was a stellar box office debut for The Nun, the weekend is much more low-key with reduced...