MovieSpoon receives movie news, videos and other content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of MovieSpoon to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permitBandRumors to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided BandRumors is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
– Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner. Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing.
The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/ which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, MovieSpoon has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on the BandRumors site, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email to, [email protected]
We will immediately remove any infringed content. Thank you.
The Meg Munches For Box Office For Debut
The final month of summer seems to be the time for creature feature horror. The Meg, the giant shark movie...
“The Meg” is Without Bite
In the swarm of killer shark movies, The Meg does so little to stick out as being more worthy of...
Review: “Christopher Robin” Brings Happiness and Heavy-handedness
There’s something so enduring about the characters of Winnie the Pooh that even the most simplistic of their stories have...
Mission Impossible Mops Up Weekend of Teddy Bears and Spies
The sixth Mission: Impossible film continues once again to be the hit of the summer by remaining at #1 for...
Mission Impossible is a Weekend Success and Franchise Best
Mission Impossible has returned for another summer and it’s looking to be the best one yet. Fallout, the sixth Mission...
Review: “Mission: Impossible – Fallout” Explodes with Cruise and Cavill Carnage
Writer/director Christopher McQuarrie returns to Mission Impossible with a fresh jolt of stunts, yes, but also more character, style, and...
Review: “Equalizer 2” Provides Equal Thrills and Flaws
Denzel Washington is more of a force than a character in Equalizer 2. Around the Boston community he resides, he’s...
Skyscraper Stumbles While Transylvania Takes Weekend
In the battle of Dwayne Johnson versus computer-animated monsters, the monsters reign supreme. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, the third...
Equalizer Edges Out Mamma Mia for Sequel of the Weekend
Two sequels battled it out for the top slot of the weekend and it was a very close call. The...
Review: “Skyscraper” Lumbers With Thrills Pulsating and Passive
Dwayne Johnson can work wonders on a lackluster script, but there’s only so much he can do in a Die...