MovieSpoon receives movie news, videos and other content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of MovieSpoon to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permitBandRumors to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided BandRumors is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
– Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner. Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing.
The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/ which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, MovieSpoon has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on the BandRumors site, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email to, [email protected]
We will immediately remove any infringed content. Thank you.
“Dragon” Continues To Soar, “Funeral” Close Behind, “Green Book” Back
With little competition for the weekend, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, the third in the animated fantasy...
Review: “Captain Marvel” is a Solidly Sensational Sci-Fi Adventure
Captain Marvel joins the ranks of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a much different way. She slides into the MCU...
“Captain Marvel” Makes a Heroic Box Office Debut
Despite online controversy, another Marvel Comics movie has debuted to another astonishing figure. While not as monumental as last year’s...
“Alita” Fights For First, Romance and Horror Behind in Box Office
Valentine’s Day weekend wasn’t exactly the weekend where the romantic comedy took the top spot. But, surprise, the top spots...
Review: “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World” Tumbles With Too Much
The saga’s plucky hero and leader Hiccup gives the standard introduction to his Viking village of Burke, now toppling and...
“Dragon” Dominates Last Box Office Weekend of February
2019 so far has been fairly low in the box office thus far. Few new debuts have had as large...
Review: “Happy Death Day 2U” Goes From Clever to Confounding
The sequel to 2017’s fresh and giddy horror concept of Happy Death Day comes crashing in with the least remarkable...
“Lego” Makes Little Splash at #1 For Weekend
As we head into February, a larger crop of films are headed to the theater to take the top spot...
Review: “The LEGO Movie 2” Builds More of the Same
There’s was such an inspiring surprise behind 2014’s The LEGO Movie that resculpted the landscape of property-based movies. LEGO already...
“Glass” Glows Amid Dim Weekend
The weekend of the Super Bowl found the box office low about as expected with not a single film making...