MovieSpoon receives movie news, videos and other content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of MovieSpoon to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permitBandRumors to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided BandRumors is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
– Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner. Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing.
The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/ which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, MovieSpoon has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on the BandRumors site, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email to, [email protected]
We will immediately remove any infringed content. Thank you.
Review: “Incredibles 2” is a Fantastic and Fresh Return to Form
Oh, how we waited so long for that sequel to Pixar’s The Incredibles, arguably their most exciting, inventive, and dynamic...
Ocean’s 8 Snatches Box Office Top Slot
Box Office Report June 8-10, 2018 Ocean’s 8, the all-female remake of the heist picture Ocean’s 8, made a strong...
Review: An All-Star Cast Makes “Hotel Artemis” Worth Checking In
We don’t know too much about the chaotic future of Los Angeles in Hotel Artemis. We know there is a...
Solo Box Office Dwindles in the Second Weekend
A Star Wars film usually brings about a strong box office, from the groundbreaking blockbuster of the 1977 original to...
Review: Pleasing Heists and Nagging Winks in “Solo: A Star Wars Story”
Solo is a prequel that teeters between pointless backstory and rousing world exploration. By its very conception, it is an...
Deadpool Dethrones Avengers With Triple-Digit Debut
The first film to knock down Marvel Studio’s towering juggernaut of Avengers: Infinity War from the #1 slot has arrived....
Another Astounding Weekend at the Box Office for Avengers: Infinity War
Box Office Weekend 5/4/18-5/6/18 Not the least bit surprising, Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has dominated the weekend box office with...
Life of the Party and Breaking In Dominated by Avengers
Box Office Report 5/11/18 – 5/13/18 In its third weekend, Avengers: Infinity War is still going strong with a beefy...
Review: “Deadpool 2” is Reheated Chimichangas That Mostly Hold Up
Deadpool is third-wall breaking anti-hero that feels more needed than ever in the current crop of amassing superhero films. His...
Review: Melissa McCarthy Brings Sweet and Silly to “Life of the Party”
There’s radiant energy to Melissa McCarthy that can light a room, even without the visual hilarity of her big glasses...