MovieSpoon receives movie news, videos and other content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of MovieSpoon to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
- Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
- Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permitBandRumors to locate that material.
- Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
- Certify that the information that you have provided BandRumors is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
– Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner. Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing.
The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/ which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
Pursuant to the DMCA, MovieSpoon has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Web pages or computer servers. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on the BandRumors site, please notify our designated agent, preferably by email to, [email protected]
We will immediately remove any infringed content. Thank you.
“Bumblebee” Swaps Insulting Action For Lighter Adventure
As the first spin-off of Michael Bay’s Transformers saga, BumbleBee is a huge shift from the usual gears. It’s as...
“Aquaman” Washes Out Christmas, “Bumblebee” and “Poppins” Close Behind
Christmas weekend was a savage one. All manner of genre films came out to play, eager to be the biggest...
First Box Office Weekend of 2019 Finds “Aquaman” King (Again)
It’s a new year and so we enter into the chilly month of January, usually reserved for Oscar nominations to...
“Stan & Ollie” is a Sweet Ode to the Slapstick Duo
Boasting a stellar visual replication of Laurel & Hardy with John C. Reilly and Steve Coogan in the roles is...
“The Upside” Tumbles Down Hard
The Upside is the type of dramedy with a premise that comes predictable enough from the trailers. We can gather...
“The Upside” Topples Over “Aquaman”, “Dog’s Way Home” Trails Behind
Delving deeper into January, the King of the Ocean has finally been toppled by a thin wave of the right...
“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” is a Kaleidoscope of Comic Book Flair and Power
If the abundance of Spider-Man reboots and sequels has seemed daunting over the past few years, this is the bold...
“Mary Poppins Returns” is a Charming Reprisal
As Disney digs deep into their well for remakes, Mary Poppins Returns is treated with a delicate faithfulness rather than...
“Mortal Engines” is a Towering Mess of Tepid Fantasy
While there are plenty of young adult novels adapted for the big screen, something as large as Mortal Engines would...
“Spider-Man” Tops Pre-Christmas Weekend, “Mortal Engines” Stalls
Though Christmas is upon us, superheroes are still in full swing. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the animated Spider-Man film from...